Capri, unforgettable experience!
The island of Capri is approximately 4 squ ml large and situated in the amazing gulf of Naples. Already emperor Tiberius chose Capri as his preferred domicile. The highest Point of the island Capri is Mount Solaro (589m). Capri city and Anacapri (the second village on the island) are two absolutely different south-Italian villages with their typical flair.
Do you want to discover Capri with a local Tourist guide, and enjoy history and Myth? Experience the island as you never can do on your own.
My name is Cecilia Walch, and I live since 1994 in Capri with my Italian husband and my daughter. I’m a licensed Tourist Guide in the Region of Campania. I would like to share amazing experiences and my knowledge with you!
Choose your transportation: Bus or Cabriolet-Cab and/or Islands-Roundtrip by boat.
See terms of payment and cancellation
Capri - a unique experience!
Capri city is the main town of the island. You got lost in the ramified narrow lanes, the romantic architecture and the breathtaking impressions. The city is situated on a height between Mount Solaro (589m) and Mount Tiberius (334m), and counts approx. seven thousand inhabitants.
The meeting for the day-tour will be in the harbor Marina Grande in Capri with your Tourist Guide and Capri expert. You will enjoy the excursion, I will organize the details. The center of Capri-city is called “Piazzetta”, the fancy main-square. We will continue to discover the real Capri, alleys and gardens, the history and traditions. The most beautiful view we will enjoy close to the so called “gardens of Augustus”, a memorable small public park. Now decide for your favorite: Do you prefer shopping-time or would you like to continue with the guided tour?
Anyway, after your free-time we will reach Anacapri, the traditional, South-Italian romantic town, up on the hill. Handicrafts and typical stores are a long tradition. Before you will have time to stroll around, we will discover the world-famous Villa of Axel Munthe with the amazing park, or you can choose a breathtaking experience taking a chair lift ride to Mount Solaro. The silence in this natural surrounding will capture you.
If you want to visit the light house in Capri, you have to announce it at least ten days before!
Note: The guided tour will be “tailor-made” after your wishes. In any case there will be enough time to take a boat-ride around the island of Capri, and if weather and waves permit you can visit the world-famous “Blue Grotto”! This unique and amazing experience will be more or less far away from the hidden tracks.
Experience the amazing nature, the mild climate and the untouched Mediterrian flora and fauna of Capri during a hiking-tour. After a hard year of work, it would be the best compensation in your holiday to breathe pure air, to heal in the silence and to observe the miracle of nature, doing a trekking tour in Capri. Listen to history and knowledge about flora and its benefits; enjoy the fabulous colours of the Mediterrian Sea, the flagrance of the pine trees and share these unique moments with your family and friends. Combine holiday with healthy sport.
Our experienced Trekking and Tour-Guides are locals. The knowledge about weather conditions, secret places and specified history is astonishing.
A Must: Hiking gear, Drinkwater, Sun protection, some good physical condition and high spirit Hiking in Capri-City:
Info about the specific Hiking Tour in Capri-City
„Pizzo lungo “ – the hiking tour begins in Capri Town, leads close to the Natural Arch, crossing by a mystic grotto till we reach again the center of Capri, Punta Tragara. (medium walk, 90 min., beauty: *****
- Villa Jovis: Discover with this guided Walking Tour nature and history. Visit the imperial palace of the Roman emperor Tiberius, who enjoyed life here for a decade. Excavations and the spectacular view make a perfect combination!(easy walk, 90 min)
- Villa Lysis: an extraordinary architecture and his eccentric owner (easy walk, 120 min)
- Passetiello: Hiking Tour starting in Capri-City through the pine-wood up to Mont Solaro. After e meritorious stop in the hermitage “Cetrella” the tour will continue to Anacapri, the Migliera.
Hiking in Anacapri
- Fortini: The tour leads long the coast from the light-house to the Blue Grotto. We use the old path along the rocky coast through the mediterrian bush, crossing by amazing romantic bays and leading over bridges. Learn more by your walking-tour in Capri about the island’s traditions and history. ( 3 hours with rest, or a swim – media walk)
- Monte Solaro and the hermitage Cetrella: This very easy walking tour through the Mediterrian bushes up to 589 m can be combined with the chair lift ride. (walking tour 2 hours, with chairlift ride 1 ½ hour).
- Anacapri-Migliera-Faro: This Walking Tour is predestinated to learn about the islands history, the roots of the inhabitants and their traditions. Crossing by villas, terraces and poetic gardens, you will reach to special points of view. The old sheep path will lead you to unexpected places. At least we walk down tiny, steep steps to reach the light-house.
To visit the light house we need to reserve (min. 10 days before)
A Must: Hiking gear, Drinkwater, Sun protection, some good physical condition and high spirit
Boats trip in Capri: (Blue Grotto Capri/boats ride Capri/boats trip Capri)
During the guided tour you will be able to book a boat trip around the island of Capri including the visit of the world famous Blue Grotto. Enjoy the natural grottos with stalagmites and stalactites, the deep blue water and the refreshing breeze. The visit of the Blue Grotto will be the high-light of your tour. The Blue Grotto was once an indoor pool of emperor Tiberius, and later on discovered by a German traveler in 1826.
The visit of the Blue Grotto depends obviously on weather and sea conditions.
- between the luxury private boat
- several companies of public boats
Licensed Tourist Guide – Gulf of Naples, Region of Campania/ Italy in English, German and Italian